Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 9 hours ago #4405

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
Tables updated after SteveW ride today, see tables page 2 of this topic
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 9 hours ago #4404

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
after a couple of good rides in the week including a 66 miler in the lakes time came to have another crack at the 7.5 miler one lap. Wind across Roseacre was favourable although not a tailwind, so paced across there within myself holding the average I was targetting to beat, so riding around 23mph mostly. Inskip straight was good not a full tailwind but quick, knowing I would lose time on the last leg back to Elswick I again held back here and saved some for that last leg. So, I pegged myself at 24mph down Inskip straight. Climbed out of Inskip and straight away you knew this would be as usual the toughest leg, I was strong and able to tap out 21mph+ at times against the wind more on occasion enough to limit my losses.
Goal achieved sub 20mins with 19:33 @23.1mph average. Pretty happy with that, the only time I have gone faster is when I was racing and training 4 days a week and back then I could get close to a 24mph average for a lap full attack mode.

:cheer:
Last Edit: 1 week 9 hours ago by SteveW. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 4 days ago #4397

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
good first time effort Richard, great to see more having a go, gives something to aim for when your riding billy no mates, bit of fun and challenge, will also help you on club rides particulary with riding within yourself and not using up energy and pacing too. Well done.

Tables update with Richard's ride and Anthony has a 5 miler now on the board
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 5 days ago #4393

• RichardS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
I had a bit of a virus all week, but I finally felt a bit better on Saturday. I still wasn't feeling good enough for the usual Inters ride on Sunday however, so I decided to do a short ride later in the afternoon. As I was going through Elswick, my legs didn't feel too bad so I decided to have a go at the 5 mile sprint. I've been meaning to have a go at this for some time, but never seem to get the time to do it, until now!
I got going but never seemed to get any benefit from the expected tailwind at the start. The road surface was horrible in places and I went clattering through several potholes that were camouflaged under the shadows of the trees! My tyres survived to live another day. On the long straight to Inskip I managed to get to 25mph at times, but the wind was now a crosswind. The climb up through Inskip saw my speed drop to what felt like a crawl. The final turn came and that damn wind that never gave me any help earlier, now felt like a gale in my face! I could barely manage 18-19mph at best. I'm not sure as to the accuracy of my timing, but I finished the 5 miles in a time of 13:56.
There wasn't any point in continuing for the 7.5 as I was now battling into the wind and my legs felt like lead! Clearly I still haven't fully recovered from my virus as I know I can do better, but at least I've got a benchmark time. My HR Ave was 155. I know from my Inters rides that I should be able hold 165 so there is room for improvement. Not sure when or if I'll find the time to have another go, but hopefully I'll set a better time next time and if the wind is more favourable, have a go at the longer distances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, blazingsaddle

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 weeks 9 hours ago #4386

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a go at the 5 miler again today, wind was blowy and a very late night beforehand, across to Roseacre was quick but not fast, Inskip straight again not super fast and you had to work hard for the speed, I was okay at the end of this with 24.1mph average but as soon as I turned into the village and more into the wind that was that, legs were done, bear left out of the village and up the drag and fully into the wind and I was goosed well and truly, average had already crashed so I backed off, still not to bad 12:36, but not an improvement.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 weeks 5 days ago #4363

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables updated after Nick's times below

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 weeks 6 days ago #4361

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Clubmans sprint attempt in the sun. As usual more of a breeze than the met office would suggest. Seemed to be coming from the North West. Legs felt a bit dead last few miles after last nights 10 m Pb

5 mile - 14:14
7.5 mile - 21:38
10 mile - 28:50
15 mile - 43:12

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 weeks 6 days ago #4357

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated again

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 weeks 6 days ago #4356

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
Wind was scheduled to be lower today so popped out and did the 5 miler and as predicted yesterday I would have the form to smash it and duly did so with a 12:37 @23.9mph just couldn't quite hold the speed for 24mph almost......next time :cheer:

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 4 weeks 9 hours ago #4354

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated 23.6.2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 4 weeks 9 hours ago #4353

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
It was time to put a best in for the 10 miler, riding out I was thinking a best for the 7.5 miler and go under 20mins while I was at it as well, however the wind was strong and in the best direction only for the 5 miler, the tough headwind was back from Inksip to Elswick, so far too much time would be lost there for the one lapper but a second fast section over to Roseacre would be the best chance in the 10 miler.
It was warming up all the time and I ended up riding out in too warmer kit, anyway GPS set and away, fast across from Elswick to Roseacre and fast down the Inskip straight, it would have been easy to smash my 5 miler but had to hold the effort and maintain form and threshold knowing the headwind section was next up, I was only 2 seconds short of my current 5 miler at this point. The headwind was tough limiting me to 19-21mph at best mostly at 19+mph, very strictly holding my form here all way to Elswick to be only 22 secs down on my best one lap, back with the final 2.5 miles with a helpful but not tailwind to Roseacre I was able to pick the speed back up and finish in 26:43 taking 15 seconds off my previous 10 miler and on a tough windy day pretty happy with that a well paced effort giving consideration to the wind and direction.
In a Time Trial you will always have a hard headwind section, the important thing is to not go any harder but maintain the same form through it and not go into the red oxygen debt too much, if your speed is really low so be it, hold it whatever it is. After exiting a headwind section you need to be able to physically transition into fast mode again without delay, pick it straight upto whatever speed you can hold, any delay recovering after the headwind and you will lose out overall.
My HR graph here whilst looks a bit like the Himalayas it is only +3 or -3 bpm below my training threshold of 170bpm all the time and I averaged 170bpm bang on the money.

hrbpm_2018-06-23.jpg

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 7 hours ago #4349

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
All tables updated, Derek improves his 5 miler and gets a 10 on the board to complete the full set, looking good tables now and everyone very high levels so early and we have plenty of the summer left to improve and watch your race times tumble as well.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 9 hours ago #4348

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Completed the set yesterday with the 10 - very windy but helped on the bit across to Wharles...gruesome back up to Elswick! :sick: Through 5m in 12:20 and 7.5 in 19:07. 10 done in 24:48 :blink:

Tried to nudge my 5m time below 11:30 today but not up to it. Turned at Derby arms 9:35 and hit the 5 miles with 11:44. Starting to get some legs back...now for some recovery B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 days ago #4341

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated after Derek's 2 lapper negative splat ;)

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 3 days ago #4336

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
Rode the 2 lapper on way into work tonight at tempo. Aboard the 66" fixed machine with saddle bag. Enjoyed a rather high cadence on the tailwind assisted Inskip straight 1st lap was 21:33 and did a negative split...a splat ?? for the 2nd lap with final time of 42:38. Very enjoyable workout
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Derek.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 1 week ago #4313

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
all tables now updated after derek's rides below, these really are a good leveller, riders can see what times others are capable of and compare it against their racing times, currenly derek has been setting some of the fastest times and has a 51min 25TT done this year, Dave T has a 56min TT and a 20:22min 10TT, Martin has a 59min 25TT time this year, so if you want to go faster in a TT then you will need to be capable of closing the gap on the faster riders above and improving your sprints times, I will be aiming for the 10 shortly, while I am off this week.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by ClubNews.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 1 week ago #4311

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
Thought I'd have a go at a couple of distances on the way into work tonight. Rode the 5 miler far too hard and in the red but I think I was quicker than my time last year with 11:53... nearly puked after that.
Recovered a bit then did the 7.5 mile lap far more controlled. Went through 5 miles in 12:31 and kept it going to sprint for the 7.5 mile mark and managed a new best of 18:51 :) ...now drinking copious amounts of chilled water.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4310

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
All tables updated

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4305

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
think was 19.57 - cant remember but I remember maxing out on heart rate so probably a wee bit fatigued - great effort for your two laps Steve strongest I have seen you in my few years training with you :cheer:
Ride safe -mart

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4304

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables update now from dave's 15 miler, missing Martin's 7.5 yet 19:56 or 19:57 can't remember - these seconds are important..........
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds