Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 15 hours 33 minutes ago #4252

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Clubmans Sprint report. 15miler done (was supposed to be the 10 but hold up on 1st lap and wind in wrong direction to make the time back up meant a change of plan). Lap 1 done in 19:35 @ 23.1mph (not bad due to hold up) - hoping to break 24mph on 2nd lap, but aforesaid wind was too much to get ave speed up to required level before Inskip Straight. Much chewing of the bars at the end of 2nd lap resulted in a time of 19:13 @ 23.5mph. Overall time 38:48.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 days 14 hours ago #4237

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 66
5 and 7.5 miler bests for me today, had 54 miles in legs from friday and 20 miles yesterday with some hard efforts, leg felt sore but strong, decent weather sunny but not overly hot, windier than I thought riding out, I did the 7.5 miler one lap and clocked my time at the 5 mile point as well, could have gone under 13mins for the 5 miler if was going for just that.
Wind was again never against me but never fully behind me, main thing thing the start at Elswick was not a headwind, decent across there and about the same down Inskip straight, hardest leg was riding back to Elswick though as usually the case.
5 miler 13:06
7.5 miler 20.05

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 19 hours ago #4234

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
A rare Saturday afternoon free so I decided on this perfect day to hit the ten club-mans route.

Went thru 7.5 in 20:06 finishing the ten miles in 26:42.

Highest speed 26.7 mph, average heart rate 162, wind was just not quite perfect therefore no push on the long stretch to Inskip and the drag back to Elswick saw me struggling to hold 20 in what felt like a strong wind B)

It was a struggle but happy after a week to forget - good training nonetheless and on a positive the combine harvester missed me on the corner through the hamlet :woohoo:
Ride safe -mart
Last Edit: 1 week 19 hours ago by trimart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 5 days ago #4220

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
myself and dave met up today, briefly bumped into DaveB as well before he headed off to Garstang to Bridge64 cafe.
We both did the sprints, me the 5 and dave the 7.5, definitely harder wind to get through today than saturday however we both improved our times.
I set off first and with saturday and sunday hard efforts in my legs whilst I was strong, legs were sore and I couldn't really get a maximum effort out for the short 5 miler, by the time the faster section came the distance was over, still getting closer now to 23mph averages not bad off the little I ride these days, when I was racing and I was training 4 times a week and a typical one hour session for me on a decent day would see my averaging over 22mph for an hour.
Dave followed behind for a while then settled into a warm up lap and checking the wind direction, he was motoring past me across to Roseacre after I had finished and that was a hard leg to get any speed out of today, see below he was close to 24mph for the one lap 7.5 miler.

Tables all updated below now.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 5 days ago #4219

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
2nd attempt @ 7.5miler - 19:03
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 weeks 15 hours ago #4213

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
I managed to get out at about 1pm today, great weather shorts and short sleeves for kit, 10 miler was my aim and when I got out there it was windier than it looked, seemed to be a crosswind on all three legs, never had it fully against me or fully behind me, I did the 10 and also recorded my time at the 5 mile point which hopefully I will smash when I ride it separate.
Pretty happy with the 10 done in 26:58 and went through the 5 in 13:21.

tables below now updated
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 weeks 20 hours ago #4212

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Last of the set - 5 mile sprint in 12:17.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 weeks 17 hours ago #4199

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
and Gold standard leader to boot !
Tables below now updated

12 miles today at just below race effort went well happy with that getting faster and stronger now every speed session I complete, report in Training topic
www.cleveleysrc.org.uk/index.php/forum/w...n/230-training-rides

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 weeks 21 hours ago #4197

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
10miler done in 25:48. Too cold for a quick time, but decent enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 4 weeks 16 hours ago #4188

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
good effort Dave, I found time to get out also for the two lapper, was windy again from the south so hard across roseacre but fast down Inskip and fast back in to Elswick, felt very strong today paced it well first lap and didn't lose much second lap against wind was still tapping 20mph against it for most of that leg.
Personal sprints best for me 41:13 and faster than my one lappper.

tables updated below
Last Edit: 4 weeks 16 hours ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 4 weeks 17 hours ago #4187

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
2 lapper 15mile clubmans sprint done in 39:06. 1st lap 19:50 2nd lap 19:16 (faster than 1 lap effort btw :) Sets a target.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 4 days ago #4180

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
Sunday 15th April wind was very tough from the south, riding out down preston road stright into it I was down to 16mph so that made my decision from originally planned 2 laps to just go for the one lapper. Riding the winter bike as well which turned out to be a good move as I got a drenching on way back home from a 5 min shower.
Start from Elswick to Roseacre was hard 16-18mph best, Inskip straight geve the wind on my right side and being downhill managed to peg only 21mph down here raising the ave only to 19.8mph at the end. At the T Junc the club ride shot passed infront of me, so left and give it everything up the climbs as time was now crucial to get as much use of the almost tailwind back to Eslwick, I passed the club who weren't hanging about at the 5 miler check point at the crest of the climb and set about full TT mode giving it everything I had, effort wise I was riding much harder 5-10bpm more with the tailwind as I had paced that bang on threshold knowing I didn't want tired legs for the tailwind, if you are a rider with little power then this is best pacing strategy you can make use of, against the wind I know I have little power so no point going into the red as you will just blow up and then lose out when you have the faster sections. I think some of the club riders were on my wheel as well at this point, giving it everything I had now left turn up the drag through the trees and then through the hairpins and up the final drag deseprately trying to hang onto 20mph up there cresting the top accelerating to 22mph left turn and power to the finish.
Very happy with a time of 21:42 for an average of 20:74mph on winter bike and full winter clothing (actually 20.99mph in reality as true distance is over 7.5miles but I've done the formula for 7.5)

hrbpm.jpg
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by SteveW. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 5 days ago #4179

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Sat 14 Apr - 7.5 miler (1 lap) done in 19:26 :)

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 years 3 months ago #2512

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 30
(Reminder NO TT Bikes or clip on bars allowed, competition runs from 1st January to 30th September)

5 Mile Sprint (Calculated at 5.03)
(Gold Standard Dave Turner 11:57 @25:26mph)

1. Dave Turner 12:17 @24:57mph
2. Steve Whiteside 13:06 @23:04mph
3. Nick Higginson 15:09 @19:92mph

7.5 Mile Sprint
(Gold Standard Derek Parkinson 18:54@23:81mph)

1. Dave Turner 19:03 @23:75mph
2. Steve Whiteside 20:05 @22.53mph
3. Martin Coulthurst 20:06 @22:51mph
4. Nick Higginson 22:39 @19:97mph

10 Mile Sprint
(Gold Standard Dave Turner 25:48@23:26mph)

1. Dave Turner 25:48 @23:26mph
2. Martin Coulthurst 26:42 @22:47mph
3. Steve Whiteside 26:58 @22:25mph

15 Mile Sprint (Calculated at 15.20)
(Gold Standard Dave Turner 37:55 @24.05Mmph)

1. Dave Turner 39:06 @23:14mph
2. Steve Whiteside 41:13 @21:95mph
Last Edit: 6 days 14 hours ago by ClubNews. Reason: add
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds