TOPIC: Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 1 day ago #4513

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
Tables updated after Dave's french training trip :woohoo:

See Page 1
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by ClubNews. Reason: add
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 week 1 day ago #4512

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Clubmans Sprints - Mon 17/09. Not many chances left to improve times so after spending a week cycling in France covering many miles and lots of going up and down mountains it was time to see if any resultant form could have been gained. Would have liked a day or 2 extra recovery to really reep the benefits of the trip but weather for later in the week not too good so it was now or never. Wind was in wrong direction for both 5 miler and 10 miler so 2 lapper was the target (37:50 @ 23.9mph) with an eye on taking 1 lap best at the same time (18:38 @ 24.28mph). Heading out of Elswick into the wind speed was good and reached Inskip straight with ave speed not much slower than that required for the whole lap - good news as it was mostly down wind from there. Speed increasing all the way to the finish of lap 1 completed in 18:24 (24.55mph). Same effort required for the 2nd lap and, despite a slight hold up for a lorry coming out of a farm, another 18:24 lap time was achieved giving overall finish time of 36:48 (24.55mph ave). :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 1 week ago #4474

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
all tables updated after Richard's improvements

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4468

• RichardS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
I couldn't make the usual Inters ride on Sunday, however I managed to do a short ride later in the afternoon. I also decided to have another go at the 5 mile sprint and maybe some more.
I felt better than last time and there was only a light wind. I got going at a fairly good pace and the drag through Inskip went better this time. The final turn came and there was a bit of a headwind, but I managed to set a new PR and finished the 5 miles in a time of 13:33.
I was feeling fairly good at this time, so I decided to continue to have my first attempt at the 7.5 miler. Only a light headwind but it still took it out of me! I crossed the line in a time of 21:03, setting a benchmark time. Hopefully I can improve on that next time. I still don't feel like I'm at my best fitness.
I was getting tired now but after the turn at Elswick, there was a bit of a tailwind and conditions were favourable for the 10 so I pushed on. I continued at a slightly faster pace with some help from the light tailwind and finished in a time of 27:50. My legs were really stiff and heavy by now so I decided to leave the 15 for another day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4463

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables updated again :woohoo:

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4460

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
More Clubmans Sprints madness: Sun 5th Aug. After yesterdays climb to top of rankings for 2 of em' gave the 2 lap (15 miler) another go today. Target was Dereks 37:58. So 2 laps just under 19 mins would do it - easy!. Only a slight breeze but into heading out of Elswick so not easy to get the ave speed up to where it needs to be without going too hard at the start. Went through the 1st lap at 18:55 so had the target in sight, just. Legs were starting to get a bit heavy on the 2nd lap which meant speed was dropping. Needed to hang in there as best I could. With 2 miles to go speed was just about holding so 1 final push to the finish needed. Sprinting through the finish line gave a 2nd lap time of 18:55 (how's that for a bit of even pacing!) giving a total time of 37:50 and top spot (for now). ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 3 weeks ago #4458

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated after dave's new gold standards ! thats fast on a normal road bike :woohoo:

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 3 weeks ago #4457

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Clubmans Sprints - Sat 4 Aug: Unfinished business on the 10 miler thanks to the dosey driver last time. Since then Derek has improved the mark even further to 18:40 for 1 lap and 24:40 for the full 10 miles. Same westerly as last time and wind pretty similar but maybe a tad lighter. Speed for 1st lap better than last time and threw through the 1st lap in a best time so far of 18:38. Taking note on the 1st lap the speed heading out to Inskip straight and I knew for sure the average speed would only go up thanks to the downwind finish. Wound it up as much as I could and cross the finish line in 24:26 to set the new marker :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 4 weeks ago #4451

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
I've also amended the Gold Standards for the 15 as derek now has that too, the previous one held by Dave Turner was on the single 15 mile Salwick circuit. All standard records are now on the current Elswick multi lap courses.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 1 month 4 weeks ago #4450

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables updated after Derek's improvements

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 17 minutes ago #4448

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Had a couple of hours to fill before the tour stage today so thought I'd have a proper bash at the two lapper. Not too windy and warm so hoped to see if sub 38 mins was possible :unsure:
Probably set off a bit quick being a bit over 12 mins for the 5 mile marker. Went through the 1 lap with a new best.... just of 18:40 and again at 10 miles with 24:40 :blink:
Managed to hang in there and as I swung into the Roseacre Road clock was showing a mid 37... just.Wound it up to vomit level to stop the clock in 37:58 :sick: :S Job done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW, trimart

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 2 days ago #4437

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables now updated after Dave T super fast rides this weekend.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 3 days ago #4428

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Clubmans 10m sprint Sun 22 July: Race free weekend meant no reason not to try and improve on current time set early in the season. Target to beat was 25:48, but really had an eye on Derek's lead time of 24:48. A minute to find is a tough task and needed perfect conditons. Westerly wind for the 10miler is perfect with the final 2.5mile blast from Elswick to Roseacre mostly down/cross wind. 1st full circuit had the average speed of 25.4mph at the end of Inskip straight, but the drag and head wind back to Elswick took its toll (maybe the wind was a fraction too strong). Full lap done in 18:59 (a new best single lap for me :) ) but speed down to 23.9mph. Now for the final blast to the finish. Speed was good averaging 25.4mph for this part lap and closing in on Derek's time. Until ..... a car who, having just overtook me prior to the final few corners, decided to slow down to walking pace (not really, but felt like it) which meant a rather relaxed final 1/4 mile rather than the full on empty the tanks blast. Ended up with 25:00 and 24.1mph ave. Next time ......
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Turner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 1 week ago #4405

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated after SteveW ride today, see tables page 2 of this topic

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 1 week ago #4404

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
after a couple of good rides in the week including a 66 miler in the lakes time came to have another crack at the 7.5 miler one lap. Wind across Roseacre was favourable although not a tailwind, so paced across there within myself holding the average I was targetting to beat, so riding around 23mph mostly. Inskip straight was good not a full tailwind but quick, knowing I would lose time on the last leg back to Elswick I again held back here and saved some for that last leg. So, I pegged myself at 24mph down Inskip straight. Climbed out of Inskip and straight away you knew this would be as usual the toughest leg, I was strong and able to tap out 21mph+ at times against the wind more on occasion enough to limit my losses.
Goal achieved sub 20mins with 19:33 @23.1mph average. Pretty happy with that, the only time I have gone faster is when I was racing and training 4 days a week and back then I could get close to a 24mph average for a lap full attack mode.

:cheer:
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by SteveW. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 2 weeks ago #4397

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
good first time effort Richard, great to see more having a go, gives something to aim for when your riding billy no mates, bit of fun and challenge, will also help you on club rides particulary with riding within yourself and not using up energy and pacing too. Well done.

Tables update with Richard's ride and Anthony has a 5 miler now on the board
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 2 weeks ago #4393

• RichardS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
I had a bit of a virus all week, but I finally felt a bit better on Saturday. I still wasn't feeling good enough for the usual Inters ride on Sunday however, so I decided to do a short ride later in the afternoon. As I was going through Elswick, my legs didn't feel too bad so I decided to have a go at the 5 mile sprint. I've been meaning to have a go at this for some time, but never seem to get the time to do it, until now!
I got going but never seemed to get any benefit from the expected tailwind at the start. The road surface was horrible in places and I went clattering through several potholes that were camouflaged under the shadows of the trees! My tyres survived to live another day. On the long straight to Inskip I managed to get to 25mph at times, but the wind was now a crosswind. The climb up through Inskip saw my speed drop to what felt like a crawl. The final turn came and that damn wind that never gave me any help earlier, now felt like a gale in my face! I could barely manage 18-19mph at best. I'm not sure as to the accuracy of my timing, but I finished the 5 miles in a time of 13:56.
There wasn't any point in continuing for the 7.5 as I was now battling into the wind and my legs felt like lead! Clearly I still haven't fully recovered from my virus as I know I can do better, but at least I've got a benchmark time. My HR Ave was 155. I know from my Inters rides that I should be able hold 165 so there is room for improvement. Not sure when or if I'll find the time to have another go, but hopefully I'll set a better time next time and if the wind is more favourable, have a go at the longer distances.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, blazingsaddle

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 2 months 2 weeks ago #4386

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
Had a go at the 5 miler again today, wind was blowy and a very late night beforehand, across to Roseacre was quick but not fast, Inskip straight again not super fast and you had to work hard for the speed, I was okay at the end of this with 24.1mph average but as soon as I turned into the village and more into the wind that was that, legs were done, bear left out of the village and up the drag and fully into the wind and I was goosed well and truly, average had already crashed so I backed off, still not to bad 12:36, but not an improvement.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 months 1 hour ago #4363

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables updated after Nick's times below

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 3 months 1 day ago #4361

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Clubmans sprint attempt in the sun. As usual more of a breeze than the met office would suggest. Seemed to be coming from the North West. Legs felt a bit dead last few miles after last nights 10 m Pb

5 mile - 14:14
7.5 mile - 21:38
10 mile - 28:50
15 mile - 43:12
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds