Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4363

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
tables updated after Nick's times below
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4361

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Clubmans sprint attempt in the sun. As usual more of a breeze than the met office would suggest. Seemed to be coming from the North West. Legs felt a bit dead last few miles after last nights 10 m Pb

5 mile - 14:14
7.5 mile - 21:38
10 mile - 28:50
15 mile - 43:12

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4357

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated again

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4356

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Wind was scheduled to be lower today so popped out and did the 5 miler and as predicted yesterday I would have the form to smash it and duly did so with a 12:37 @23.9mph just couldn't quite hold the speed for 24mph almost......next time :cheer:

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4354

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated 23.6.2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4353

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
It was time to put a best in for the 10 miler, riding out I was thinking a best for the 7.5 miler and go under 20mins while I was at it as well, however the wind was strong and in the best direction only for the 5 miler, the tough headwind was back from Inksip to Elswick, so far too much time would be lost there for the one lapper but a second fast section over to Roseacre would be the best chance in the 10 miler.
It was warming up all the time and I ended up riding out in too warmer kit, anyway GPS set and away, fast across from Elswick to Roseacre and fast down the Inskip straight, it would have been easy to smash my 5 miler but had to hold the effort and maintain form and threshold knowing the headwind section was next up, I was only 2 seconds short of my current 5 miler at this point. The headwind was tough limiting me to 19-21mph at best mostly at 19+mph, very strictly holding my form here all way to Elswick to be only 22 secs down on my best one lap, back with the final 2.5 miles with a helpful but not tailwind to Roseacre I was able to pick the speed back up and finish in 26:43 taking 15 seconds off my previous 10 miler and on a tough windy day pretty happy with that a well paced effort giving consideration to the wind and direction.
In a Time Trial you will always have a hard headwind section, the important thing is to not go any harder but maintain the same form through it and not go into the red oxygen debt too much, if your speed is really low so be it, hold it whatever it is. After exiting a headwind section you need to be able to physically transition into fast mode again without delay, pick it straight upto whatever speed you can hold, any delay recovering after the headwind and you will lose out overall.
My HR graph here whilst looks a bit like the Himalayas it is only +3 or -3 bpm below my training threshold of 170bpm all the time and I averaged 170bpm bang on the money.

hrbpm_2018-06-23.jpg

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4349

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
All tables updated, Derek improves his 5 miler and gets a 10 on the board to complete the full set, looking good tables now and everyone very high levels so early and we have plenty of the summer left to improve and watch your race times tumble as well.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4348

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Completed the set yesterday with the 10 - very windy but helped on the bit across to Wharles...gruesome back up to Elswick! :sick: Through 5m in 12:20 and 7.5 in 19:07. 10 done in 24:48 :blink:

Tried to nudge my 5m time below 11:30 today but not up to it. Turned at Derby arms 9:35 and hit the 5 miles with 11:44. Starting to get some legs back...now for some recovery B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 5 months 4 weeks ago #4341

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables updated after Derek's 2 lapper negative splat ;)

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 18 hours ago #4336

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
Rode the 2 lapper on way into work tonight at tempo. Aboard the 66" fixed machine with saddle bag. Enjoyed a rather high cadence on the tailwind assisted Inskip straight 1st lap was 21:33 and did a negative split...a splat ?? for the 2nd lap with final time of 42:38. Very enjoyable workout
Last Edit: 6 months 18 hours ago by Derek.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 1 week ago #4313

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
all tables now updated after derek's rides below, these really are a good leveller, riders can see what times others are capable of and compare it against their racing times, currenly derek has been setting some of the fastest times and has a 51min 25TT done this year, Dave T has a 56min TT and a 20:22min 10TT, Martin has a 59min 25TT time this year, so if you want to go faster in a TT then you will need to be capable of closing the gap on the faster riders above and improving your sprints times, I will be aiming for the 10 shortly, while I am off this week.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by ClubNews.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 1 week ago #4311

• Derek
  • Fresh Boarder
Thought I'd have a go at a couple of distances on the way into work tonight. Rode the 5 miler far too hard and in the red but I think I was quicker than my time last year with 11:53... nearly puked after that.
Recovered a bit then did the 7.5 mile lap far more controlled. Went through 5 miles in 12:31 and kept it going to sprint for the 7.5 mile mark and managed a new best of 18:51 :) ...now drinking copious amounts of chilled water.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 1 week ago #4310

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
All tables updated

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 1 week ago #4305

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
think was 19.57 - cant remember but I remember maxing out on heart rate so probably a wee bit fatigued - great effort for your two laps Steve strongest I have seen you in my few years training with you :cheer:
Ride safe -mart

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 1 week ago #4304

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables update now from dave's 15 miler, missing Martin's 7.5 yet 19:56 or 19:57 can't remember - these seconds are important..........

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 2 weeks ago #4303

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Further to Steve's report below my 2 lap effort consisted of well paced laps of 19:07 and 19:09 giving a new best time of 38:16.

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 2 weeks ago #4300

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
tables update for Steve W today 7.5 and 15mile

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 2 weeks ago #4299

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
myself Dave T and Martin C met up today for some training around our sprints circuits, me and dave were doing 2 laps and martin just the one lap, nice and sunny and hot but not cooking hot, light ish winds, first leg across to roseacre and second leg down Inskip were quick and then back into Elswick more of a headwind and a right slog losing valuable gained average speed all the time, all about limit lossess and pacing both laps overall well.
Martin was off first for an all out effort one lap and dipped under 20mins, he will post up later, me off next, I paced the first lap really well without taking too much out of me particulary as a lot of speed would be lost on both the elswick return legs. I was over 23mph at Inskip and limited my losses well back to Elswick and a glance at the clock gave me a chance to go under 20mins for lap one, so pushed it even harder for the last few hundred metres but without going into the red and over the line is 20:02. Lap 2 I was still going well into this and then at Roseacre a tractor pulled out on me top of the climb so Lost time slowing up the climb and had to back off behind down the climb until it pulled away. Here Dave overtook me at some speed, he had started about a minute+ behind me. Down the Inskip straight and really dug in deep here and kept 24mph flicking over as much as possible and Dave T didn't increase his gap too much on me here, into Inskip and up the drags and climb out spinning up them until I could get back on top of the speed and on the flat again. Dave's extra power here showed as he vanished out of sight, wind was crushing the legs and really tough to get over 20mph, griding a big gear now and trying to stay on top and accelerate down every small drag, still flicking over 20-22mph limit losses best could. Up the final climb to Elswick maxing out at 19mph but recovering at the top to get back upto 22/23mph, left turn and power over the line with a year best of 40:12 and a 22.51mph average for 15 miles, happy with that and great pacing overall similar lap times. Best as well for Dave a 38 mins effort.
Off to the Courtyard and met up with Dave Balshaw for sunny milkshakes and bacon butties (martin).
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by SteveW. Reason: add

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 3 weeks ago #4273

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Tables below all updated 22.5.2018

Clubman's Sprints Tables 2018 6 months 4 weeks ago #4252

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Clubmans Sprint report. 15miler done (was supposed to be the 10 but hold up on 1st lap and wind in wrong direction to make the time back up meant a change of plan). Lap 1 done in 19:35 @ 23.1mph (not bad due to hold up) - hoping to break 24mph on 2nd lap, but aforesaid wind was too much to get ave speed up to required level before Inskip Straight. Much chewing of the bars at the end of 2nd lap resulted in a time of 19:13 @ 23.5mph. Overall time 38:48.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds