Clubman's Sprints Tables/Results 2019

More
1 month 12 hours ago #4694 by SteveW
Another one done to benchmark fitness from, I already knew it wouldn't be fast with the continuing easterly wind which is not overly strong but dense to ride fast through, the 5 miler would be very hard across Roseacre and Inskip downhill straight would only benefit from being downhill and again a headish wind prevented any high speed down there, once out of Inksip Village then a brief tailwind for the drag to the top sign and done. I paced across Roseacre without going into the red and kept it sub threshold, It was difficult to get anything above 21mph so on a big loss already, leaving enough in the legs to have a really good Inskip Straight into the headwind working really hard as well for this. Very pleased with almost 23mph for an early season effort on this one, a lot more to come yet, legs very strong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #4693 by SteveW
First effort for me this year after a winter of very very little, all I have done has been very short high quality efforts that seem to have payed off nicely, with a strong easterly wind the circuit had the first two legs very much hampered by a headwind, so best choice was just the one lapper and for this I had the tailwind back to Elswick (for a nice change), I had paced the headwind legs well and had enough banked to hold a high effort with the tailwind back, legs are now much stronger and aerobically my fitness is good now, at the left turn to the finish a white van man cut right across me and then slowed me up as he awaited oncoming traffic, finaly he parked and I went around him only to be stopped in my tracks by some cockadoodle chicken crossing the road right before the finish line, easily lost 10 seconds or more here. Finished with 20:31 which I was very happy with it and it didn't take too much out of me, so onwards with the training.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 1 month 12 hours ago #2512 by ClubNews
(Reminder NO TT Bikes or clip on bars allowed, competition runs from 1st January to 30th September)

5 Mile Sprint (Calculated at 5.03)
(Gold Standard Derek Parkinson 11:44 @25:72mph)

1. Steve Whiteside 13:08 @22:98mph

7.5 Mile Sprint
(Gold Standard Dave turner 18:24@24:59mph)

1. Steve Whiteside 20:31 @22:05mph

10 Mile Sprint
(Gold Standard Dave Turner 24:26@24:56mph)

15 Mile Sprint (Calculated at 15.20)
(Gold Standard Dave Turner 36:48 @24.59mph)

Last edit: 1 month 12 hours ago by ClubNews. Reason: add