Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Results 2018

All Results 2018 3 days 13 hours ago #4245

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 30
Race Report from Martin C - PETTS last night ever so slight bit of North in the westerly wind offered a bit of push in the first half which is deemed slower half, return was not too bad until Billsborrow where a combo of lactic acidosis and headwind made it a hard finish into wind.
Fastest Allenby 20:52
Moi 23:24 CRC
Geoff 24:13 CRC
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Results 2018 3 days 13 hours ago #4244

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson - RACE REPORT - Kent Valley 10 mile TT at levens.
Another chilly night. Cool wind coming from the north east. Made the last 5 miles feel a lot longer! Wasn’t too strong though.
Anyway another minute shaved off my previous best
24:30
Last Edit: 3 days 13 hours ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

All Results 2018 1 week 3 days ago #4227

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 66
Martin Couthurst - race report First outing on TT bike on new PETTS course last night.
Fastest ride Lewis Hartley 22:10, sole CRC rider me at 23:41. Slightly disappointed but its a new course to learn and judging on times not going to be so fast - time will tell!

All Results 2018 1 week 5 days ago #4221

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - Kent Valley Shap Hill Climb by Nick Higginson

Pretty warm, 23 degrees or so by the time I was up. Light tailwind but as usual up there it seems to swirl around in all directions. Don’t think it really helped much. Official time 34:48 at just under 15mph . About 13 mins faster than last year! Although last year was a pretty major headwind. But still a big improvement. Started to really feel it about 5 miles in. Had a slight breather on the big dip before the start of the last mile and a bit steepest part. Was pretty much maximum after that all the way to the finish. and combined with the heat and high effort, vision was a bit blurred and feeling pretty darn sick. Managed to just plough on through ? you don’t realise how big Shap is until you take 25 mins to descend the thing. Carried on in the hills for an extra half hour with a couple more grim hill efforts. Didn’t even get stuck in traffic on the way back! Bonus

All Results 2018 2 weeks 2 days ago #4211

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Southport ten mile TT
Tonight I rode this course for first time on road bike having enjoyed Tuesdays PETTS effort on road bike. Ribble cycles are having a bit of a staff challenge and I wanted to see how I would get on!
12 degrees chilly wind I was told made for a slow night but I was confident I could smash 26 minutes. Downwind to Hutton I held back holding 27 mph knowing return was going to be tough, power felt good in my rested legs and I was holding 21-23 pending drags m road surface into brisk head wind. By final turn off main road I knew I had a good finish and held form to bag 24:33. Very happy!!!
TT bike comes out next week!

Martin C

All Results 2018 2 weeks 3 days ago #4210

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson rode Wigan Wheelers 30 on the new Levens course with a time of of 1:23:18 at 21.6mph average speed.

All Results 2018 2 weeks 4 days ago #4208

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
CRC PETTS tonight 1st May
full write up soon but here are the results sheets - just click on the large ones to make bigger

good ride from Martin on his road bike and rode out and home too !

PETTSSheet1.jpg

PETTSSheet2.jpg

S1.jpg

S2.jpg
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

All Results 2018 3 weeks 3 days ago #4194

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - Kent Valley 10 mile TT up at levens

Had been debating wether to go, as I had a cold and achyness the last couple of days , and the forecast was pretty windy. But decided to go down to see what happened. Seemed even more windy than the forecast, and felt a hell of a lot colder! Nice tailwind for last 5 mile though.

Anyway I managed 25:31. Just under a minute sliced off my pb! Can’t grumble

Winner - not sure, forgot to take a pic ? will edit when I see the results

All Results 2018 1 month 2 days ago #4185

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - PETTS 10 mile TT by Nick Higginson

A nice night apart from a pretty strong wind blowing straight up the a6 from the south. People not sure about the speed of this new course. Some people struggling to get near the times of the old PETTS course. Although it’s been darn windy both weeks. First 5 mile straight into the wind. 5 miles with it behind. I course never seems to help out as much from behind as it does hinder you from the front! Such a different experience to the hilly TTs.

Anyway I did 26.34. Only 12 seconds outside my overall 10 mile PB on levens. So could shave quite a bit off by end of season.

Geoff Parkinson also present with a time of 25.10

Winner David Allonby with 20.58.

All Results 2018 1 month 4 days ago #4182

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson RACE REPORT - Kent Valley Circuit of Wild Boar Time Trial.

Usually 28.5 mile, but shortened to 22 mile due to dreaded roadworks. This is where the problems began for many people, including me! A right strong wind was howling down the valley to Sedbergh. Was stronger than forecast over that exposed long climb and numerous small ones that normally take up the first 6 miles so even with a good 30 mins to go I missed my start time . As did many others! But they just rejigged it all so it was no big issue. One hell of a warmup. Probably did me good actually.

Slightly sunny at the start, climbing into the misty cloud into the wind up to the Garsdale turn, then a decent cross / tailwind from here over the road to Kirby Steven, then the sun came out for the blast up the main climb ‘Tommy Road’. It’s like a mini mountain pass. Cross winds were pretty wild for the next 10 miles to the finish. Very fast descent in places.

Unsure of official times yet, it’l take them a while to fathom it all out I guess!

Garmin reading 1:03:31 so should be within a few seconds of that @ 20.8mph.

All Results 2018 1 month 1 week ago #4175

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Geoff Parkinson

I Rode the VTTA 25 on the Winmarleigh course today. Unfortunately due to road works the course was shortened to 1 lap approx 12.5 miles. The first 5 miles was into a strong headwind but I made some time up from Cockerham to the finish. My time was 31:51, the winner was Stephen Ayres Bronte wheelers in 26:24.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by ClubNews.

All Results 2018 1 month 1 week ago #4174

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Geoff Parkinson

Rode the first PETTS 10 on the new course. I didn’t stay to get the full results. Cold and breezy, it was a bit of a slog on the leg out to the turn against the wind but managed to make up some time on the return leg for 25:41. I think it will be quicker than the old course but there are mixed views. I need to ride it a few more times to make my mind up.

All Results 2018 1 month 1 week ago #4167

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
First race of 2018 in my build up to hit peak form for May.
Ulverston triathlon has a challenging 18 mile sporting course - new gearing 53/39 left me happy down wind but struggling on the climbs, giving me an average of 23 mph riding low 160s heart rate so another gear to push.
Held back as unsure how new position would go over 18 miles, after a fast swim leg for me and putting clothes on in transition - feet were cold last few miles and struggled first mile on run but again felt I had another level of effort in legs in latter half - so overall 16th place in a very high quality field missing v50 win by 11 seconds.
Numbers are up on all legs so next race effort tomorrow at Edge Hill over shorter distance hope to ride at usual Heart rate and see what is in legs on the run.
Petts should sharpen me up for May!
Ride safe -mart
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by trimart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

All Results 2018 2 months 1 week ago #4145

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder
Race Report Circuit of Ingleborough
RACE REPORT from racing team member Nick Higgionson - circuit of ingleborough SpoCo time trial - course pb by 3 and a half mins over last year - 1:25:18 @18.5mph

Wasn’t looking forward to this during the drive down. Torrential rain that continued until about 15 mins before my start time. But then it all cleared up so I braved getting out of the car. Not too cold for the first half but was pretty cold up high and into the cloud where snow was still piled up by the roadside in places. Very tricky course this. Lots of changes in gradient and fast downhills with rough road surfaces, bits of gravel and mud on bends. And a few wet cattle grids! The long climbs aren’t too much of a problem, it’s the short sharp ones that knock your rhythm. Anyway I’m pleased with that

All Results 2018 2 months 1 week ago #4144

• SteveW
  • Gold Boarder

Race Report Spoco Rd 1
First race of the season for our racing team member Nick Higginson, points the bag for him already.

RACE REPORT - SpoCo series rnd 1

Pretty darn cold with an icy wind blowing from the north east. Anyone familiar with this course will know it’s basically a 5 mile hill climb on nice-ish surfaces followed by 5 mile twisting downhill with a couple of steep uphill kicks on some right rough surfaces. Eyes were watering even with full visor on. Good to blow the cobwebs away! Some great views over to Settle and malham to take the mind off the pain! Rear wheel bearing started squeaking in the warmup. May have robbed me a few seconds . Decent course PB of 31:48 @19.4mph Winner - Tom Rigby by quite a margain in 23:38

All Results 2018 4 months 2 weeks ago #4084

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
2018 results now can be posted up, I have left 2017 results below for history.

All Results 2018 7 months 1 week ago #3945

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Final standings for the 2017 CRC TT Champs:
1. Dave Turner 816 points (30 events)
2. Nick Higginson 583 points (28 events)
3. Martin Coulthurst 477 points (19 events)
4. Geoff Parkinson 163 points (7 events)
5. Darren Tremble 64 points (3 events)
6. Derek Parkinson 23 points (1 event)
Lets see if we can all improve on the points score next year. My total of 816 now established as club record. Can Derek, with a full season of racing, beat it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

All Results 2018 8 months 1 week ago #3890

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
End of season 2017.

Given my successful recent Oly race near York I decided to target a GB qualification race early Sept.
Warm up sprint race mid week at Ribby Hall so me come in second overall in what was my best time on the course by over a minute comfortably. Form was peaking perfect and I raced with confidence to end up second V 50 only 54 seconds behind the cat winner to secure a GB team slot for European champs in Estonia 2018. Hellish weather to race in and around Lake Bala.
Sunday saw me take my highest ever position in local Fylde Triology races securing third overall (equal second fastest time was given third place via hundredths of a second!). Fastest bike leg of the 300 plus field concluded the whole seasons progress for me as a cyclist and triathlete.

Long needed break from race effort and confident I can ride faster next year in my second season racing for team CRC. Keep pushing me on team!
Ride safe -mart
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

All Results 2018 9 months 1 week ago #3855

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
Today was my annual longer race of the year and I targeted a known fast course near York in the hope of breaking the magic 220 barrier. Olympic distance variably involves a 1500m swim. 40k bike and 10 k run.

Today's offering = 1500 m swim. 24 mile bike leg followed by long run of 11 k run to make up the shortfall on bike.

swim = 24:02 in a wet suit to my relief!
bike = 60:52 which included the run to and from mount/dismount line (really fast road surfaces around York!) which went really well to mile 20 then thigh started cramping up so carried that concern for last few miles.... but basically 24 mph average riding at threshold so best bike split in a tri for me by a long shot
run = 47:48 which was a slow plod but thankfully thigh held up til the end and I was able to maintain the pace to the finish losing only 4 positions overall.

FINISH TIME OVERALL 2:14:58 for 22/300 and first V50 - really chuffed how much bike leg has come on thanks to CRC encouragement!
Ride safe -mart

All Results 2018 11 months 1 week ago #3780

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Latest standings on the CRC Time Trial Championship for this year (as of 08/06/2017).
1st place - David Turner 353 points (13 events) (346 club kit points)
2nd - Nick Higginson 303 points (15 events) (123 club kit points)
3rd - Martin Coulthurst 224 points (9 events) (120 club kit points)
4th - Geoff Parkinson 71 points (3 events) (68 club kit points)
5th - Darren Tremble 64 points (3 events) (63 club kit points)
Plenty of races left to get more points.
Hopefully I've not missed anyones races. If you've done more than the figure in brackets let me know.
Anthony Saynor - how many road races have you done this year? So I can keep a record of your club kit qualification. Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds