Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Results 2018

All Results 2018 2 days 7 hours ago #4416

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
PETTS 17.7.2018
Geoff Parkinson 21.04

fastest Rider Adam Hartley (100%ME 17.16)
fastest league rider Dave Allonby 18.17 (springfield)

PETTS tonight, still on the shortened course. I was the only CRC rider, nice night for it although a bit breezy, it gave a bit of a push on the first leg which is appreciated cos I don’t like that part. Just managed to average 25 mph for my fastest ride this year with a time of 21:04. Geoff P
Last Edit: 2 days 7 hours ago by SteveW.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Results 2018 6 days 11 hours ago #4408

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Race result: Sun 15 Jul Border City Wheelers 25m TT on Keswick L2511. Temps near normal at 9am start was a blessing but wind was very gusty although didn't hinder too much until the assent of Embleton Bank which was done at smails pace into the head/side wind. I was the only CRC rider and stopped the clock in 54:10 for 6th spot overall. Fastest was Phil Jones with 49:49.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

All Results 2018 1 week 9 hours ago #4407

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 36
From Derek Parkinson
Fastest 10 mile TT of the year for me today with 21 mins 6 secs despite chain off twice...sack the mechanic....me! Border City Wheelers Richard Bickley won with amazing 19.42

All Results 2018 1 week 1 day ago #4402

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS Tues 10th July

fastest League rider Phil Jones 17:37

CRC
Dave Turner 19:21
Martin Coulthurst 20:12

All Results 2018 1 week 1 day ago #4401

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT from Nick Higginson- complete with arty Slo motion vid
Lancaster CC Salt Ayre 10 mile TT
Another perfect night for it. Barely a breeze. Warm. Dry. Got unlucky with meetings of slower / faster riders on the tight bends. And a couple of incidents with a squirrel that seemed to delight in playing chicken with people!
Fastest I’ve been on there. 24:11. Would have been well under 24 and maybe an overall Pb had I not had to back off numerous times I recon. Awaiting full results but I think Jack Carter won in 21:45. Think I was top ten again. Camera work by Scott Taylor
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by ClubNews.

All Results 2018 1 week 6 days ago #4389

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
report from Derek Parkinson
National 100 TT. Finished 11th with 3:44:52...almost freewheeled the last few miles... totally blown Lovely event though

2018 NLTTA 100 Championship Results
Congratulations, again, to Charlotte Boothman, ABC Centreville, and Derek Parkinson, Springfield Financials RT; the 2018 NLTTA 100 mile champions ... carrying on from their 50 title wins a few weeks ago.
Charlotte’s cracking time of 4:18:56 was also good to set a new NLTTA record - beating Lyn Hamel’s previous record by 4 seconds! Debbie Moss, Team Merlin, set a new PB time of 4:24:57 to take second place from Leigh Premier’s Liz Mathison in third with 4:34:50.
Derek completed the Keswick/Cockermouth course in 3:44:52 to beat second place rider, Craig Horseman, Beacon Whs (3:46:02), by 1 min and 10 seconds. The final podium place went to Paul Fleming, Preston Whs in 3:52:29.
Derek also led Springfield Financials RT to the NLTTA 100 team prize; supported by Matt Stell, 3:57:49 and Paul Russell, 4:12:21.
Thank you to all riders who supported the event, which also doubled up as the National Championships. A huge thank you to timekeepers, pusher off, marshals and the HQ/kitchen team. Thanks to Frank Kerry who did a great job presenting the National medals. Finally, massive thanks to Nigel and Claire Clementson, Wigan Whs, for organising the event - what a team!
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by ClubNews.

All Results 2018 3 weeks 9 hours ago #4371

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
report from Derek Parkinson:-
Team CRC at VC Cumbria 25 on L2511... Plenty hot conditions. Dave Turner 55:04 and pb machine Nick Higginson 1:04:14 I think. Post race HQ couch interview with CRC TT Sec who I think finished 2nd with 51:28. Main comments "...hot....needed water

All Results 2018 3 weeks 2 days ago #4368

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS Report from Dave Turner

Race results: PETTS Tue 26 Jun. Very warm evening meant for quick conditions if you could handle the heat. I used this as a test run for this weekends 25 which might be run in similar conditions. For me power was down but heart rate was up so I guess these aren't my ideal conditions. Nethertheless the clock stopped for me in 18:51 for my fastest time so far. Also for CRC was Geoff Parkinson with 21:19 and Graham Meek with 23:42. Fastest on the nite was Dave Allonby with 18:18.

All Results 2018 3 weeks 4 days ago #4366

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Crit report from Anthony Saynor
E/1/2 tonight at Salt Ayre my first crit of the year but on the circuit I know best. To begin with it felt as if I was experiencing some g force as we flew around the swooping corners at breakneck speed, but I soon got used to it again after a few laps a was able to pedal through the corners. The race was a typical one with lots of attacks but coming down to a sprint in the end, the consistent increases in power nullified my legs and I didn’t have anything left at the end to be near the sharp end on the final lap, however all good training and the improvements are coming.

All Results 2018 3 weeks 5 days ago #4362

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
NW Standard Olympic Triathlon Champs - Coniston - weather stunning to start with warm on the run.

Swim out in 28:01 - stunning Coniston lake
Then nearly 7 minutes of long transition running up a hill before i got on bike
25 mile loop with 2600 feet climbing average over 20 mph (top speed of 40.9 mph) saw me move from 34th to 13th overall
Then a multi terrain gradual climb to mid point on the 10k run saw me drop down to 20th overall on tired legs.
First vet 50 to take title and finish off a good bloc of training.
9th fastest on bike leg with only 2 or 3 youngsters taking 3 or 4 minutes out of me - chuffed with that but battered legs thanks to lower gearing I am slowly adapting to (39/25) but think that made my run more miserable than normal.
Easy week recovery before working towards European Championships now confirmed as qualified in August.
Warm weather training (shes calling it a holiday) in 3 weeks in Majorca really looking forward too.
Ride safe -mart

All Results 2018 3 weeks 6 days ago #4360

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Race Report: Anthony Saynor Today I did the E/1/2/3 Road Race at Pimbo, 60 odd miles over 30 laps at a fast and furious pace. The race split into two, with the big hitters in the front challenging for the points, where as I was in the chase group, rolling round was hard enough. No idea who won, no idea where I came but a good morning nonetheless racing around your favourite industrial estate.

All Results 2018 3 weeks 6 days ago #4358

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Race report from Dave Turner: Springfield Financial 10 mile TT Sat 23 Jun. Decent evening with the usual niggling head wind going out followed by failure to have the now tail wind help much on the way back. 2 CRC riders - me finishing with 20:29 and Nick Higginson with a pb 23:57. Well done to Nick breaking the 25mph barrier. Not sure of the fastest as had leave before all results in - quickest when I left was Tom Rigby with 19:11.

Winner Simon Wilson 18:37

All Results 2018 1 month 2 days ago #4342

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS 19th June
Slow night with head wind out but a nice return push.
Geoff Parkinson after a week of tandem riding and wine pulled out a 21:41 (12th), moi a 20:14 (5th) and Dave Turner steamed past me whilst I was doing 29.2 mph (!) for FASTEST RIDE of the night in 18:53 - Dt is on his way back!!!
Good night for the club.
My humble apologies as there was a 4th CRC riding in club kit but alas I am unaware of a name but great to see CRC turnout tonight - another humid evening.

Edit our fourth rider was Graham Meek with a fine 24:42
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

All Results 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4308

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson Race report. Blackburn CTC 10.6 mile hilly TT.
Perfect weather again. Less than perfect road surfaces in places! Awful. But adds to the challenge. . I like this course. Basically a 2.5 mile hill climb followed by a challenging hilly course with lots of twisty descents. The low sun made it hard to tell what was broken up road surface and what was just shadows!
Anyway , 2 mins faster than last year - 32:50 @19.5mph
Winner Richard Bideau 25:08

All Results 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4306

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS results: Tues 5 Jun. Another nice evening tempted CRC riders out. Clock stopped for me with 19:20, Martin Coulthurst with 19:47 and Geoff Parkinson with 21:01. Seasons best all round. Fastest Dave Allonby in 17:41.

All Results 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4297

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
DT second (56:08) overall, moi 12th (59:29)

All Results 2018 1 month 2 weeks ago #4291

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Southport 25 tt 31/05/2018
Humid conditions offered 7 fast miles out then grind back last 7 miles when fatigue kicked in for me but held on for a 25.2 mph average to hit 59:25 (to be confirmed)
Dave Turner took minute out of me around mile 7, once roundabouts out of way powered away on the straights to hit a low 56.....great return building back nicely to his former self after long injury out. Was motivating (apart from said roundabouts ?) and two happy CRC riders went home happy with their performances. Deffo prefer this distance over a ten!

All Results 2018 1 month 3 weeks ago #4286

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Petts 29/05
Geoff Parkinson 21:34
Moi 20:18
8.9 miles shortened course.
East wind sometimes cross, sometimes head wind but a slight push last mile was earned!
Allonby 18:00 fastest on night
My best average of year on course - new position comfortable (30mm added SW)

All Results 2018 1 month 3 weeks ago #4284

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Race report: Lancaster CC Bank Hol 10 mile TT Mon 28 May on Levens. The good weather continues (as does the comeback) so decided to have another outing. Not much of a breeze, but what there was was pushing riders to the turn. A mild panic at the start as shifters would work. Managed to get them going as I hit the bottom of the ramp too late to take advantage of the downhill start. Out to the turn at decent speed and ready for the headwind heading back, which wasn't too bad. Ran out of gas when hitting the finish ramp losing a few more seconds but still managed a not too shabby 20:55. Fastest was Phil Jones (races for a team - can't remember which one) with 19:07.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

All Results 2018 1 month 4 weeks ago #4275

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
PETTS Tue 22 May. Warm weather entised me out for 1st race since injury 8 months ago. Training been going well but fitness still not back to up to re-accident levels. Riding to feel it was tough to get race effort going. Looking at the stats post race heart rate levels were a long way below normal 10 mile pace, certainly at the start (maybe the 65 miler on Sun was not best preparation). Nevertheless the clock stopped at 19:41. A great time you may think. Until you realise the course was shortened to 8.8miles due to roadworks. Somewhow managed to be the fastest PETTS rider on the night so bagged max 100 points :) . Geoff Parkinson also in attendance for CRC and did 21:22
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds