Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Results 2018

All Results 2018 2 months 1 week ago #4505

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
Fleetwood Triathlon 09/09/2018 drew an end to what has been a difficult summer for me training wise. Two park runs to sharpen up and a little and often approach to swim sessions to back up what I felt was another mini peak on the bike had me confident I would confirm my overall first place in the Triology with a lead of around 3 minutes plus. After a standard swim which felt comfortable out onto the bike into what was the windiest headwind I have ever experienced (met site gave a ten minute average of 37 mph at the time I was out riding up and down the prom!) resulted in me having a range of 14.9 mph - 34.09 mph on what can only be described as a horrible and slippy road surface - sadly I was made aware of two mishaps out on the bike leg. Job done I knew my time was going to be enough to maintain the gap and I enjoyed the run into the head wind to the turn around and once I had seen my closest rivals totally relaxed. As it turned out I was third overall (1 second behind second place overall!) - so a series of podium positions in the three races resulted in me at the ripe old age of 52 taking the overall Fylde Triology series by I estimate a good 5- 6 minutes gap. Third fastest on the bike ironically behind the two lads who beat me was a nice way to end a year that has also seen my average time trial speed improve.
Time to rest up and enjoy riding to keep off the weight!
Ride safe -mart
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

All Results 2018 2 months 1 week ago #4504

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
Race Report! from Nick Higginson - BCW Hartside Hill Climb.
Weather a bit warmer than expected. No gloves or sleeves required. A bit of a tailwind but nothing major . Stayed dry but the last 2 miles were so foggy / cloudy , visibility was down to barely anything.
Around the halfway point I heard the dreaded ‘psssh-psssh-psssh’ from the front tyre. Didn’t seem to be losing pressure too rapidly so ploughed on. Last half mile it was so deflated it felt like rim on tarmac but tried to put as much weight as I could on the back wheel. Just about got away with it. Totally flat over the line.
27:04 official time. About a minute quicker than last year despite the problems.
Winner andy Cunningham in a mind boggling 16:41
You know when Richard bickley is 7th (19:05) , there are some mega climbers involved!
Stopped by Brough on the way home to climb ‘Shot Moss’. Howling wind by that point. A very bleak exposed area up there.

All Results 2018 2 months 3 weeks ago #4491

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Martin C Race Report
24/08 Southport ten mile.
Aiming to regain fitness on a cooler strong NW windy evening made for interesting sections - think I’ve got use to warm light winds as I was very twitchy on sections
Winner Karl Addison in 22:37
Moi 23:51 in 8th place from 27 riders.

All Results 2018 3 months 23 hours ago #4475

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - Wigan 10 mile TT up at levens.
Quite windy out on the course , blowing from the West it felt like . Bit achy from a cold last couple days. Didn’t seem to be too bothersome once I’d warmed up.
23:54. Shaved 3 seconds off my previous best
Geoff Parkinson also present with 24:00 exactly.
Will update with winners time when I find out!

All Results 2018 3 months 1 week ago #4467

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
PETTS results: Tue 7 Aug. Finally back on the full course which added 3+ mins to everyones rides meaning 3 extra minutes of being bounched around going up and down the A6. Niggling wind which no-one could agree on which direction it was blowing meant various excuses as to why they didn't go a quick as anticipated. I think it's just a slow course and hard to get into a rhythm. 3 CRC riders tried their hardest, me with 21:54, Martin Coulthurst with 23:29 and Geoff Parkinson with 24:55. Fastest PETTS and overall was me :)
Dave Turner
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Turner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

All Results 2018 3 months 2 weeks ago #4459

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
From Nick Higginson RACE REPORT - Congleton cc 50 mile tt on the j4/16 course. 3 laps of a big loop around Cheshire.
First pop at a 50 (other than circuit of the dales but that cant be compared with this ) Warmer than forecast , was about 24 degrees towards the end. Quite breezy. Not much cover around the long slogs east and north of Jodrell Bank to hide from it. Some pretty bad road surfaces in places , plenty ups and downs and twists and turns. Was a bit like a SpoCo ! Reminded me of a long version of the milnthorpe 10. ? not great for speed for someone heavy like myself. on the upside I think I paced it just about right. As with last time in the warmth my hr was higher than usual so went off how my legs felt. Kept the pace up to finish but then could barely spin back to hq.
2:22:30 @21.1mph.
Will update with winners times later

Winner Alex Jones in 1:45:55.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

All Results 2018 3 months 2 weeks ago #4456

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS 31/07 from Martin Coulthurst

Windy for early riders slowing outward leg but some push on return.
Me 20:06 second best time of season for me
Geoff Parkinson 21:31 enjoying his best average watt output to date
Fastest Phil Jones with a poor 400watt average ?

All Results 2018 3 months 3 weeks ago #4454

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
from Dave Turner
Race result: Pendle Forest CC 10mile TT - Levens Sat 28 Jul. Forecast was poor, resultant weather was poor, time was poor, position in results was poor. The so called fast Levens course had one of it's bad days. Worst time of the year for me 21:18. Not so bad seemingly for the early starters though as some fast times showing. Just down to a lottery (or a sneaky request for an early start time) as to what time you ended up with. 19:01 was fastest tied by Phil Jones and Richard Bickley.

All Results 2018 3 months 3 weeks ago #4447

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
from Nick Higginson

RACE REPORT - Kent Valley 10 mile TT
Milnthorpe course. Quite undulating. Plenty ups and downs. Road quite rough in many places! Barely any wind and quite warm, which I like. The almost dead turn through the central reservation always a thriller !
25:42 @ 23.3 mph - 2 and a half mins quicker than any I did on there last year
Winner - Ben Barlow in 21:28

All Results 2018 3 months 3 weeks ago #4445

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Race results: PETTS Tue 24 Jul. CRC's turn to organise tonight so start by thanking all those who gave up their time to marshall, push off etc. Enough helpers for the racers to ride and see what quite a nice evening would bring. 1st CRC past the finish line still on the shortened course was me in a season best 18:43, followed by Martin Coulthurst with 20:08 and Geoff Parkinson with 21:10. Fastest PETTS was Dave Allonby with 17:30. Fastest on the night was Adam Hartley with 17:09.

All Results 2018 4 months 1 day ago #4416

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
PETTS 17.7.2018
Geoff Parkinson 21.04

fastest Rider Adam Hartley (100%ME 17.16)
fastest league rider Dave Allonby 18.17 (springfield)

PETTS tonight, still on the shortened course. I was the only CRC rider, nice night for it although a bit breezy, it gave a bit of a push on the first leg which is appreciated cos I don’t like that part. Just managed to average 25 mph for my fastest ride this year with a time of 21:04. Geoff P
Last Edit: 4 months 1 day ago by SteveW.

All Results 2018 4 months 5 days ago #4408

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Race result: Sun 15 Jul Border City Wheelers 25m TT on Keswick L2511. Temps near normal at 9am start was a blessing but wind was very gusty although didn't hinder too much until the assent of Embleton Bank which was done at smails pace into the head/side wind. I was the only CRC rider and stopped the clock in 54:10 for 6th spot overall. Fastest was Phil Jones with 49:49.

All Results 2018 4 months 6 days ago #4407

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
From Derek Parkinson
Fastest 10 mile TT of the year for me today with 21 mins 6 secs despite chain off twice...sack the mechanic....me! Border City Wheelers Richard Bickley won with amazing 19.42

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4402

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS Tues 10th July

fastest League rider Phil Jones 17:37

CRC
Dave Turner 19:21
Martin Coulthurst 20:12

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4401

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT from Nick Higginson- complete with arty Slo motion vid
Lancaster CC Salt Ayre 10 mile TT
Another perfect night for it. Barely a breeze. Warm. Dry. Got unlucky with meetings of slower / faster riders on the tight bends. And a couple of incidents with a squirrel that seemed to delight in playing chicken with people!
Fastest I’ve been on there. 24:11. Would have been well under 24 and maybe an overall Pb had I not had to back off numerous times I recon. Awaiting full results but I think Jack Carter won in 21:45. Think I was top ten again. Camera work by Scott Taylor
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by ClubNews.

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4389

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
report from Derek Parkinson
National 100 TT. Finished 11th with 3:44:52...almost freewheeled the last few miles... totally blown Lovely event though

2018 NLTTA 100 Championship Results
Congratulations, again, to Charlotte Boothman, ABC Centreville, and Derek Parkinson, Springfield Financials RT; the 2018 NLTTA 100 mile champions ... carrying on from their 50 title wins a few weeks ago.
Charlotte’s cracking time of 4:18:56 was also good to set a new NLTTA record - beating Lyn Hamel’s previous record by 4 seconds! Debbie Moss, Team Merlin, set a new PB time of 4:24:57 to take second place from Leigh Premier’s Liz Mathison in third with 4:34:50.
Derek completed the Keswick/Cockermouth course in 3:44:52 to beat second place rider, Craig Horseman, Beacon Whs (3:46:02), by 1 min and 10 seconds. The final podium place went to Paul Fleming, Preston Whs in 3:52:29.
Derek also led Springfield Financials RT to the NLTTA 100 team prize; supported by Matt Stell, 3:57:49 and Paul Russell, 4:12:21.
Thank you to all riders who supported the event, which also doubled up as the National Championships. A huge thank you to timekeepers, pusher off, marshals and the HQ/kitchen team. Thanks to Frank Kerry who did a great job presenting the National medals. Finally, massive thanks to Nigel and Claire Clementson, Wigan Whs, for organising the event - what a team!
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by ClubNews.

All Results 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #4371

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
report from Derek Parkinson:-
Team CRC at VC Cumbria 25 on L2511... Plenty hot conditions. Dave Turner 55:04 and pb machine Nick Higginson 1:04:14 I think. Post race HQ couch interview with CRC TT Sec who I think finished 2nd with 51:28. Main comments "...hot....needed water

All Results 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #4368

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS Report from Dave Turner

Race results: PETTS Tue 26 Jun. Very warm evening meant for quick conditions if you could handle the heat. I used this as a test run for this weekends 25 which might be run in similar conditions. For me power was down but heart rate was up so I guess these aren't my ideal conditions. Nethertheless the clock stopped for me in 18:51 for my fastest time so far. Also for CRC was Geoff Parkinson with 21:19 and Graham Meek with 23:42. Fastest on the nite was Dave Allonby with 18:18.

All Results 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #4366

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Crit report from Anthony Saynor
E/1/2 tonight at Salt Ayre my first crit of the year but on the circuit I know best. To begin with it felt as if I was experiencing some g force as we flew around the swooping corners at breakneck speed, but I soon got used to it again after a few laps a was able to pedal through the corners. The race was a typical one with lots of attacks but coming down to a sprint in the end, the consistent increases in power nullified my legs and I didn’t have anything left at the end to be near the sharp end on the final lap, however all good training and the improvements are coming.

All Results 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #4362

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
NW Standard Olympic Triathlon Champs - Coniston - weather stunning to start with warm on the run.

Swim out in 28:01 - stunning Coniston lake
Then nearly 7 minutes of long transition running up a hill before i got on bike
25 mile loop with 2600 feet climbing average over 20 mph (top speed of 40.9 mph) saw me move from 34th to 13th overall
Then a multi terrain gradual climb to mid point on the 10k run saw me drop down to 20th overall on tired legs.
First vet 50 to take title and finish off a good bloc of training.
9th fastest on bike leg with only 2 or 3 youngsters taking 3 or 4 minutes out of me - chuffed with that but battered legs thanks to lower gearing I am slowly adapting to (39/25) but think that made my run more miserable than normal.
Easy week recovery before working towards European Championships now confirmed as qualified in August.
Warm weather training (shes calling it a holiday) in 3 weeks in Majorca really looking forward too.
Ride safe -mart
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds