Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Results 2018

All Results 2018 3 months 2 weeks ago #4360

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
Race Report: Anthony Saynor Today I did the E/1/2/3 Road Race at Pimbo, 60 odd miles over 30 laps at a fast and furious pace. The race split into two, with the big hitters in the front challenging for the points, where as I was in the chase group, rolling round was hard enough. No idea who won, no idea where I came but a good morning nonetheless racing around your favourite industrial estate.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

All Results 2018 3 months 2 weeks ago #4358

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Race report from Dave Turner: Springfield Financial 10 mile TT Sat 23 Jun. Decent evening with the usual niggling head wind going out followed by failure to have the now tail wind help much on the way back. 2 CRC riders - me finishing with 20:29 and Nick Higginson with a pb 23:57. Well done to Nick breaking the 25mph barrier. Not sure of the fastest as had leave before all results in - quickest when I left was Tom Rigby with 19:11.

Winner Simon Wilson 18:37

All Results 2018 3 months 3 weeks ago #4342

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS 19th June
Slow night with head wind out but a nice return push.
Geoff Parkinson after a week of tandem riding and wine pulled out a 21:41 (12th), moi a 20:14 (5th) and Dave Turner steamed past me whilst I was doing 29.2 mph (!) for FASTEST RIDE of the night in 18:53 - Dt is on his way back!!!
Good night for the club.
My humble apologies as there was a 4th CRC riding in club kit but alas I am unaware of a name but great to see CRC turnout tonight - another humid evening.

Edit our fourth rider was Graham Meek with a fine 24:42
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by ClubNews. Reason: add
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4308

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson Race report. Blackburn CTC 10.6 mile hilly TT.
Perfect weather again. Less than perfect road surfaces in places! Awful. But adds to the challenge. . I like this course. Basically a 2.5 mile hill climb followed by a challenging hilly course with lots of twisty descents. The low sun made it hard to tell what was broken up road surface and what was just shadows!
Anyway , 2 mins faster than last year - 32:50 @19.5mph
Winner Richard Bideau 25:08

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4306

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
PETTS results: Tues 5 Jun. Another nice evening tempted CRC riders out. Clock stopped for me with 19:20, Martin Coulthurst with 19:47 and Geoff Parkinson with 21:01. Seasons best all round. Fastest Dave Allonby in 17:41.

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4297

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
DT second (56:08) overall, moi 12th (59:29)

All Results 2018 4 months 1 week ago #4291

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Southport 25 tt 31/05/2018
Humid conditions offered 7 fast miles out then grind back last 7 miles when fatigue kicked in for me but held on for a 25.2 mph average to hit 59:25 (to be confirmed)
Dave Turner took minute out of me around mile 7, once roundabouts out of way powered away on the straights to hit a low 56.....great return building back nicely to his former self after long injury out. Was motivating (apart from said roundabouts ?) and two happy CRC riders went home happy with their performances. Deffo prefer this distance over a ten!

All Results 2018 4 months 2 weeks ago #4286

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Petts 29/05
Geoff Parkinson 21:34
Moi 20:18
8.9 miles shortened course.
East wind sometimes cross, sometimes head wind but a slight push last mile was earned!
Allonby 18:00 fastest on night
My best average of year on course - new position comfortable (30mm added SW)

All Results 2018 4 months 2 weeks ago #4284

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Race report: Lancaster CC Bank Hol 10 mile TT Mon 28 May on Levens. The good weather continues (as does the comeback) so decided to have another outing. Not much of a breeze, but what there was was pushing riders to the turn. A mild panic at the start as shifters would work. Managed to get them going as I hit the bottom of the ramp too late to take advantage of the downhill start. Out to the turn at decent speed and ready for the headwind heading back, which wasn't too bad. Ran out of gas when hitting the finish ramp losing a few more seconds but still managed a not too shabby 20:55. Fastest was Phil Jones (races for a team - can't remember which one) with 19:07.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

All Results 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #4275

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
PETTS Tue 22 May. Warm weather entised me out for 1st race since injury 8 months ago. Training been going well but fitness still not back to up to re-accident levels. Riding to feel it was tough to get race effort going. Looking at the stats post race heart rate levels were a long way below normal 10 mile pace, certainly at the start (maybe the 65 miler on Sun was not best preparation). Nevertheless the clock stopped at 19:41. A great time you may think. Until you realise the course was shortened to 8.8miles due to roadworks. Somewhow managed to be the fastest PETTS rider on the night so bagged max 100 points :) . Geoff Parkinson also in attendance for CRC and did 21:22
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

All Results 2018 4 months 3 weeks ago #4262

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
Race Double weekend.

Saturday saw me stay over at the National watersports centre near Nottingham for my A race. After 8 miles walking and sunbathing on the camp site followed by a back of the van sleep on a deflating airbed I was not feeling it come race time, after noon on a Saturday scorching afternoon! Slow lake swim gave me no option but to ride hard which I did to my MHR - 3 riders passed me early on, come the run I knew I was way down and held my head togther by calculating the time I would need to qualify given the quality of the field ahead of me. Awaiting confirmation but I reckon I have qualified comfortably (phew) as one of the best of the rest outside of automatic qualification. About 41/2 minutes behind the age group winner. My swim let me down but my bike and run legs are in good shape compared with the quickest age groupers. On collecting my bike afterwards my rear tyre was half deflated which was down to me not checking my valve - annoyed at myself as did think it had gone softer racking my bike before the start - plenty of excuses but looking at results 3 or 4 who I have beaten by two minutes or more were ahead of me so it was not quite to plan on the day. Highest quality field ever competed in and I beat two in my age who had already automatically qualified!!! 13th place overall with I reckon top 15 all qualifying given the quality of the field. For the record on the same day the British Triathlon Sprint Championships were held at Southport the winner likely would have been behind me at Nottingham!

Sunday after sleep, two hot baths, massage and plenty of protein to recover saw me defend the yellow jersey at St. Annes. A safe swim to control breathing rate saw me take the fastest bike leg on the day where I rode well below MHR as I knew the run was going to be hard on my legs. Run was 30 seconds down on last year but overall was very happy and made up for the frustration I encountered the day before, taking second place overall and 78 seconds behind winner - who knows on fresh legs but I played my cards wisely so take the advanatge of overall leader in the triology series into the final race in September with over 3 minutes to protect the yellow jersey.

Overall a good weekend and have achieved what I hoped for and await confirmation that I compete in Glasgow in August in team GB colours.

For the record in my wave the overall winnder was a 17 year old girl just under 5 minutes ahead of me - 4 of which taken in the swim alone :)

Week off recovery legs hammered B)

P.S. Well done Ian Jones becoming a Half Ironman - emphasis placed on "half" do it!
Ride safe -mart
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by trimart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

All Results 2018 4 months 4 weeks ago #4245

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Race Report from Martin C - PETTS last night ever so slight bit of North in the westerly wind offered a bit of push in the first half which is deemed slower half, return was not too bad until Billsborrow where a combo of lactic acidosis and headwind made it a hard finish into wind.
Fastest Allenby 20:52
Moi 23:24 CRC
Geoff 24:13 CRC

All Results 2018 4 months 4 weeks ago #4244

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson - RACE REPORT - Kent Valley 10 mile TT at levens.
Another chilly night. Cool wind coming from the north east. Made the last 5 miles feel a lot longer! Wasn’t too strong though.
Anyway another minute shaved off my previous best
24:30
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

All Results 2018 5 months 5 days ago #4227

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Martin Couthurst - race report First outing on TT bike on new PETTS course last night.
Fastest ride Lewis Hartley 22:10, sole CRC rider me at 23:41. Slightly disappointed but its a new course to learn and judging on times not going to be so fast - time will tell!

All Results 2018 5 months 1 week ago #4221

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - Kent Valley Shap Hill Climb by Nick Higginson

Pretty warm, 23 degrees or so by the time I was up. Light tailwind but as usual up there it seems to swirl around in all directions. Don’t think it really helped much. Official time 34:48 at just under 15mph . About 13 mins faster than last year! Although last year was a pretty major headwind. But still a big improvement. Started to really feel it about 5 miles in. Had a slight breather on the big dip before the start of the last mile and a bit steepest part. Was pretty much maximum after that all the way to the finish. and combined with the heat and high effort, vision was a bit blurred and feeling pretty darn sick. Managed to just plough on through ? you don’t realise how big Shap is until you take 25 mins to descend the thing. Carried on in the hills for an extra half hour with a couple more grim hill efforts. Didn’t even get stuck in traffic on the way back! Bonus

All Results 2018 5 months 1 week ago #4211

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Southport ten mile TT
Tonight I rode this course for first time on road bike having enjoyed Tuesdays PETTS effort on road bike. Ribble cycles are having a bit of a staff challenge and I wanted to see how I would get on!
12 degrees chilly wind I was told made for a slow night but I was confident I could smash 26 minutes. Downwind to Hutton I held back holding 27 mph knowing return was going to be tough, power felt good in my rested legs and I was holding 21-23 pending drags m road surface into brisk head wind. By final turn off main road I knew I had a good finish and held form to bag 24:33. Very happy!!!
TT bike comes out next week!

Martin C

All Results 2018 5 months 1 week ago #4210

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Nick Higginson rode Wigan Wheelers 30 on the new Levens course with a time of of 1:23:18 at 21.6mph average speed.

All Results 2018 5 months 1 week ago #4208

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
CRC PETTS tonight 1st May
full write up soon but here are the results sheets - just click on the large ones to make bigger

good ride from Martin on his road bike and rode out and home too !

PETTSSheet1.jpg

PETTSSheet2.jpg

S1.jpg

S2.jpg
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by ClubNews. Reason: add

All Results 2018 5 months 2 weeks ago #4194

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - Kent Valley 10 mile TT up at levens

Had been debating wether to go, as I had a cold and achyness the last couple of days , and the forecast was pretty windy. But decided to go down to see what happened. Seemed even more windy than the forecast, and felt a hell of a lot colder! Nice tailwind for last 5 mile though.

Anyway I managed 25:31. Just under a minute sliced off my pb! Can’t grumble

Winner - not sure, forgot to take a pic ? will edit when I see the results

All Results 2018 5 months 3 weeks ago #4185

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
RACE REPORT - PETTS 10 mile TT by Nick Higginson

A nice night apart from a pretty strong wind blowing straight up the a6 from the south. People not sure about the speed of this new course. Some people struggling to get near the times of the old PETTS course. Although it’s been darn windy both weeks. First 5 mile straight into the wind. 5 miles with it behind. I course never seems to help out as much from behind as it does hinder you from the front! Such a different experience to the hilly TTs.

Anyway I did 26.34. Only 12 seconds outside my overall 10 mile PB on levens. So could shave quite a bit off by end of season.

Geoff Parkinson also present with a time of 25.10

Winner David Allonby with 20.58.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds