Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: All Results 2018

All Results 2018 5 months 4 weeks ago #4182

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
Nick Higginson RACE REPORT - Kent Valley Circuit of Wild Boar Time Trial.

Usually 28.5 mile, but shortened to 22 mile due to dreaded roadworks. This is where the problems began for many people, including me! A right strong wind was howling down the valley to Sedbergh. Was stronger than forecast over that exposed long climb and numerous small ones that normally take up the first 6 miles so even with a good 30 mins to go I missed my start time . As did many others! But they just rejigged it all so it was no big issue. One hell of a warmup. Probably did me good actually.

Slightly sunny at the start, climbing into the misty cloud into the wind up to the Garsdale turn, then a decent cross / tailwind from here over the road to Kirby Steven, then the sun came out for the blast up the main climb ‘Tommy Road’. It’s like a mini mountain pass. Cross winds were pretty wild for the next 10 miles to the finish. Very fast descent in places.

Unsure of official times yet, it’l take them a while to fathom it all out I guess!

Garmin reading 1:03:31 so should be within a few seconds of that @ 20.8mph.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Results 2018 6 months 3 days ago #4175

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Geoff Parkinson

I Rode the VTTA 25 on the Winmarleigh course today. Unfortunately due to road works the course was shortened to 1 lap approx 12.5 miles. The first 5 miles was into a strong headwind but I made some time up from Cockerham to the finish. My time was 31:51, the winner was Stephen Ayres Bronte wheelers in 26:24.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 days ago by ClubNews.

All Results 2018 6 months 4 days ago #4174

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
Geoff Parkinson

Rode the first PETTS 10 on the new course. I didn’t stay to get the full results. Cold and breezy, it was a bit of a slog on the leg out to the turn against the wind but managed to make up some time on the return leg for 25:41. I think it will be quicker than the old course but there are mixed views. I need to ride it a few more times to make my mind up.

All Results 2018 6 months 1 week ago #4167

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 81
First race of 2018 in my build up to hit peak form for May.
Ulverston triathlon has a challenging 18 mile sporting course - new gearing 53/39 left me happy down wind but struggling on the climbs, giving me an average of 23 mph riding low 160s heart rate so another gear to push.
Held back as unsure how new position would go over 18 miles, after a fast swim leg for me and putting clothes on in transition - feet were cold last few miles and struggled first mile on run but again felt I had another level of effort in legs in latter half - so overall 16th place in a very high quality field missing v50 win by 11 seconds.
Numbers are up on all legs so next race effort tomorrow at Edge Hill over shorter distance hope to ride at usual Heart rate and see what is in legs on the run.
Petts should sharpen me up for May!
Ride safe -mart
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by trimart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveW

All Results 2018 7 months 3 days ago #4145

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Race Report Circuit of Ingleborough
RACE REPORT from racing team member Nick Higgionson - circuit of ingleborough SpoCo time trial - course pb by 3 and a half mins over last year - 1:25:18 @18.5mph

Wasn’t looking forward to this during the drive down. Torrential rain that continued until about 15 mins before my start time. But then it all cleared up so I braved getting out of the car. Not too cold for the first half but was pretty cold up high and into the cloud where snow was still piled up by the roadside in places. Very tricky course this. Lots of changes in gradient and fast downhills with rough road surfaces, bits of gravel and mud on bends. And a few wet cattle grids! The long climbs aren’t too much of a problem, it’s the short sharp ones that knock your rhythm. Anyway I’m pleased with that

All Results 2018 7 months 3 days ago #4144

• SteveW
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83

Race Report Spoco Rd 1
First race of the season for our racing team member Nick Higginson, points the bag for him already.

RACE REPORT - SpoCo series rnd 1

Pretty darn cold with an icy wind blowing from the north east. Anyone familiar with this course will know it’s basically a 5 mile hill climb on nice-ish surfaces followed by 5 mile twisting downhill with a couple of steep uphill kicks on some right rough surfaces. Eyes were watering even with full visor on. Good to blow the cobwebs away! Some great views over to Settle and malham to take the mind off the pain! Rear wheel bearing started squeaking in the warmup. May have robbed me a few seconds . Decent course PB of 31:48 @19.4mph Winner - Tom Rigby by quite a margain in 23:38

All Results 2018 9 months 2 weeks ago #4084

• ClubNews
  • Administrator
2018 results now can be posted up, I have left 2017 results below for history.

All Results 2018 1 year 4 days ago #3945

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Final standings for the 2017 CRC TT Champs:
1. Dave Turner 816 points (30 events)
2. Nick Higginson 583 points (28 events)
3. Martin Coulthurst 477 points (19 events)
4. Geoff Parkinson 163 points (7 events)
5. Darren Tremble 64 points (3 events)
6. Derek Parkinson 23 points (1 event)
Lets see if we can all improve on the points score next year. My total of 816 now established as club record. Can Derek, with a full season of racing, beat it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews, SteveW

All Results 2018 1 year 1 month ago #3890

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
End of season 2017.

Given my successful recent Oly race near York I decided to target a GB qualification race early Sept.
Warm up sprint race mid week at Ribby Hall so me come in second overall in what was my best time on the course by over a minute comfortably. Form was peaking perfect and I raced with confidence to end up second V 50 only 54 seconds behind the cat winner to secure a GB team slot for European champs in Estonia 2018. Hellish weather to race in and around Lake Bala.
Sunday saw me take my highest ever position in local Fylde Triology races securing third overall (equal second fastest time was given third place via hundredths of a second!). Fastest bike leg of the 300 plus field concluded the whole seasons progress for me as a cyclist and triathlete.

Long needed break from race effort and confident I can ride faster next year in my second season racing for team CRC. Keep pushing me on team!
Ride safe -mart

All Results 2018 1 year 2 months ago #3855

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
Today was my annual longer race of the year and I targeted a known fast course near York in the hope of breaking the magic 220 barrier. Olympic distance variably involves a 1500m swim. 40k bike and 10 k run.

Today's offering = 1500 m swim. 24 mile bike leg followed by long run of 11 k run to make up the shortfall on bike.

swim = 24:02 in a wet suit to my relief!
bike = 60:52 which included the run to and from mount/dismount line (really fast road surfaces around York!) which went really well to mile 20 then thigh started cramping up so carried that concern for last few miles.... but basically 24 mph average riding at threshold so best bike split in a tri for me by a long shot
run = 47:48 which was a slow plod but thankfully thigh held up til the end and I was able to maintain the pace to the finish losing only 4 positions overall.

FINISH TIME OVERALL 2:14:58 for 22/300 and first V50 - really chuffed how much bike leg has come on thanks to CRC encouragement!
Ride safe -mart

All Results 2018 1 year 4 months ago #3780

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Latest standings on the CRC Time Trial Championship for this year (as of 08/06/2017).
1st place - David Turner 353 points (13 events) (346 club kit points)
2nd - Nick Higginson 303 points (15 events) (123 club kit points)
3rd - Martin Coulthurst 224 points (9 events) (120 club kit points)
4th - Geoff Parkinson 71 points (3 events) (68 club kit points)
5th - Darren Tremble 64 points (3 events) (63 club kit points)
Plenty of races left to get more points.
Hopefully I've not missed anyones races. If you've done more than the figure in brackets let me know.
Anthony Saynor - how many road races have you done this year? So I can keep a record of your club kit qualification. Thanks.

All Results 2018 1 year 4 months ago #3753

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Chorley cc 10 mile on the garstang course. 27.33. Gusty wind and rain on return leg = a troublesome fogged up visor. Even so, a good chunk shaved off last weeks time on the same course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

All Results 2018 1 year 4 months ago #3752

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
Kent valley Spoco tt. 28.09. Was supposed to be the hillier 15 mile course (that I'd much prefer!) but was moved due to roadworks to the milnthorpe 10mile tt course. Probably my fave 10 mile course so far. Up and down with a few bends.

All Results 2018 1 year 4 months ago #3739

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
14/5/17 border city wheelers 29mile hilly tt. Full of a cold and a very tricky course. 1:41:23
20/7/17 Lancashire road club 10. A bit of a wind 28:12 ?(I think. I really should write it down at the time)
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Nick_higginson.

All Results 2018 1 year 4 months ago #3736

• trimart
  • Senior Boarder
PETTS Results 16-05-1027
David Turner 21:34 (Season best on course)27.82 mph
Martin Coulthurst 23:32 (course PB) 25.5 mph
Geoff Parkinson 24:07 (season best on course) 24.88 mph
Darren Tremble 26:48 (Overall PB - lot more to come!) 22.39 mph
Overall winner some one called Ian Bibby 20;01
Best conditions of the year SW wind 14mph warm
Ride safe -mart

All Results 2018 1 year 5 months ago #3725

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Race results:
PETTS 9/5/2017
For CRC:
David Turner 22:07 (27.12mph)
Martin Coulthurst 23:59 (25.01mph)
Geoff Parkinson 25:31 (23.51mph)

All Results 2018 1 year 5 months ago #3718

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Race result:
Cleveleys RC 10mile TT - Levens 6/5/2017
For CRC:
David Turner 20:54 (28.71mph)
Martin Coulthurst 22:26 (26.75mph)
Winner James Gullen 18:32
Didn't seem too windy, but a pb to the turn was sign of things to come. Fast out followed by grind back and a 5mph difference in speed. Overall pb for Martin was top effort.

All Results 2018 1 year 5 months ago #3714

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
Shap hill climb tt may 1st. 47.23. Blasting gusty head/crosswind all the way up the 8.6 miles and 1400ft or so. Im not the speediest climber but good to push myself that hard up there. Hopefully a kinder wind next time!! :)

All Results 2018 1 year 5 months ago #3713

• Turner
  • Junior Boarder
Race result:
Lancaster CC Bank Hol 10 1/5/2017 on Levens.
For CRC:
Dave Turner 21:08 (28.4mph)
Martin Coulthurst 23:11 (25.9mph)
Nick Higginson 27:01 (22.2mph)
Average conditions for Levens. Seemed not too much wind, certainly none helping to the turn, then a headwind magically turned up on the way back. PB for Martin. Nick was warming up for Shap Hill Climb TT a few hours later.

All Results 2018 1 year 5 months ago #3700

• Nick_higginson
  • Fresh Boarder
Also completed the Circuit of Wildboar 30 mile hilly Spoco TT two weeks back. Official time 2:05:47 although that included a length puncture repair, and a slow 8 mile cruise to the finish on a ruined tyre!

Salt Ayre 10 mile TT. 12.5 laps of the track = a lot of tight bends and slower riders to negotiate. 6th April - 27.53, 13th April 27.17.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Nick_higginson.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds