Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Clubmans Sprints 5/7.5/10/15/miles 2017

Clubmans Sprints 5/7.5/10/15/miles 2017 1 year 9 months ago #2334

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 32
Clubmans Sprints (No TT Bikes or clip on bars allowed) - a new yearly challenge for any members to have a go at, there will be awards at the end of the year for the fastest.
Members can ride these just for fun, improving fitness, setting a goal, beating your club mate, learning to pace and control your effort, ride them whenever you want through the year post your improvement times in the separate Results Topic and a League Table will be maintained towards awards at the end of the year.
Only results posted here or emailed direct to SteveW will count, I will not take any from anywhere else.
Rules are simple, no TT bikes or clip on bars, no group riding or 2up riding, just ride your everyday road bike, be honest with your times, these are not races, ride appropriately on the highway at all times.

please do not publish these publicly on Strava, this is a challenge for club members only.

Finish Points are those shown below and not what Plotaroute says or what distance your device states, for example the 5 mile distance is actually 5.03 and your average speed will be calculated against that.

Prizes are a Club Jersey & Medal for the overall winner, medals for 2nd and 3rd place. To qualify you must have ridden all four, points will be awarded for placings based on 120 points for 1st, 119 points for 2nd etc in each distance, as this is an informal fun members competition I reserve the right to make up the rules, any ties then highest placings will be looked at or I may request a "ride off".

No Prizes will be awarded to anyone who is not a paid member on our Awards Night, so ensure you renew on time.

Please only post your times, your average speed will be calculated by me on a spreadsheet.

ALL Start Points are entrance to Elswick Village Hall Car Park
Startand15milefinishpoint.jpg

5m - www.plotaroute.com/route/140179
Finish Point is the 30mph sign on right hand side of road before the green building of the Poultry Supplies.
5milefinishpoint.jpg

7.5m - www.plotaroute.com/route/364362
Finish Point is same as start point outside entrance to car park Elswick Village Hall

10m - www.plotaroute.com/route/140178
Finish Point is outside this entrance just before the last right bend at the end of Roseacre.
10milefinishpoint.jpg

15m - www.plotaroute.com/route/364366
Finish Point is same as start point outside the entrance to car park Elswick Village Hall
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Admin.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spikeyboy
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds