Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is open to the public, not just club members.

TOPIC: Frank Waring Bikes for loan/sale

Frank Waring Bikes for loan/sale 2 months 4 weeks ago #4268

• fastoldgit
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
John Waring has given CRC his late father Frank’s bike for the club to loan to anyone in need of such a bike eg a youngster who is growing rapidly and needs a transitional size of frame. Or a smaller rider wanting to try cycling as a novice. His only request was that the recipient be a paid up CRC member to keep it within the club.

It is 631 Hewitt tourer – 51cm seat-tube, 53cm top-tube kitted out with Campag Veloce compact groupset and Fulcrum 7 wheels – all in good condition though a bit dirty/rusty from prolonged storage.

At the same time he gave me a really rusty and dirty Flandria Aluton2 with carbon forks which I have managed to strip and restore the frame to VGC.
It has a good CaneCreek headset and a Campag Racing Triple fitted-also good condition. It has no seatpost and although I have most of the other components, they are in poor condition and the left STi lever is broken. This was his Road Racing machine and is a really good frame. The frame is %! Centre to top and top tube is 51cm C-to-C. This is for sale for a nominal sum.

There is a pair of Ksyrium Askium Race wheels and a spare rear Campg on Open Pro rims all in almost unworn condition. These or for sale for any reasonable offer.

I will attach photographs as individual items.

With the Committee’s permission, I invite anyone interested in any of these to have a word and view if they wish.
I can store them indefinitely.

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by fastoldgit. Reason: accuracy
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds