New template.

More
3 weeks 11 hours ago - 3 weeks 11 hours ago #4686 by webadmin
Replied by webadmin on topic New template.
Hi Chris,

Please post a new topic for a new ride. All old topics have been locked to prevent them getting too big. Thanks

Craig
Last edit: 3 weeks 11 hours ago by webadmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClubNews

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 11 hours ago #4685 by ChrisO
Replied by ChrisO on topic New template.
Chaps,
I can’t seem to add posts to the ride reports, they are showing as ‘locked’ ?
Thanks
C

SUCCESS TRAINS - FAILURE COMPLAINS

More
1 month 1 day ago #4681 by SteveW
Replied by SteveW on topic New template.
Yes I have thought about Wordpress as well (small subscription I think), as many will only default to FB these days we do need a simpler looking and easier to navigate website/blog.
Our requirements are being able to post club wide news and other info about the club activities on a home page. It is upto members to the check the official site for News, this saves time and the articles are permanently there for all members (and all none FB users to see, particulary as we now have a Private FB page and our separate Public FB page only contains CRC visibility posts just to show we are out there, it does not contain much that the club actually does which is what outsiders need to see to see), I am not prepared to copy all club news to other sites like our FB pages, it takes more of my personal time and that info drops off as well, unlike a website/blog. I often post a link to club news from our website onto the FB page.
Then some form of forum for those members that do not use FB and new enquirers again that do not use FB, I do know we have a good website following from ex older members as well. I don't know if wordpress has a bolt on forum or perhaps better a form of bolt on "chat" where members can post about the club, arrange rides, ride reports, on a home page that would look good. A calendar is also useful too. If there is an area to attach permanent documents that also would be a requirement, example club records, C&R. I think we can manage and get rid of everything else.

More
1 month 1 day ago #4680 by webadmin
Replied by webadmin on topic New template.
the more i check things out the more i see not working properly. The site runs on joomla and a template 'Joomshaper - ultimate', these don't seem to be playing well with the forum system 'Kunena'.

My thoughts are should we be ditching all this a just going with a blogging system i.e. Wordpress

I have loaded wordpress onto the server and i have been playing abut with it. I'm used to joomla so i 've tended to stick with that but perhaps Wordpress will better suit our needs

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #4678 by webadmin
New template. was created by webadmin
Hi everyone,

Finaly got round to changing it. Sorry it's been so long but my time's been limited lately.

It's not a new site as the content is just the same. It's a new template which should work better with mobiles and be easier to read. I know nearly everyone uses facebook but i think a website still has it uses. I don't use facebook much as i'm not really a 'social' animal and i'm not particularly interested in knowing what someone had for their dinner, so if there's a problem with anything site related please post it here.

There are a few issues and things still to do.
Contacts page. Struggling to get something to looks decent. When i put the original up it looked naff.
I had to get rid of the attchments system as it was throwing up errors. I might be able to put it back.
Sometimes the calendar doesn't work or display stuff correctly. I need to get this to look a bit better too.
Club Kit part needs sorting. Probably do a link to the forum post for now
there's an error on the user menu. Doen't seem to affect anything though.

Apols if things get done slowy as i'm not sat constantly at a PC. Well i am, but i have to work unfortunately.

I'll put up other things here if i think about it

Craig
Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by webadmin.